Friday, February 18, 2011

A New Little Friend...

Because I was going through my own personal tragedy last summer, I failed to meet the new little guy next door...the newborn, not a new boyfriend.  After I finally resigned myself to our fate, I grieved for a few months and then, low and behold, we were blessed to discover we were pregnant again.  At that point, my world turned upside down because it was so unexpected, unplanned, unforseen...and yet so wonderful!  While being wrapped up in my own little soap opera once again, I think I even managed to offend a few folks by failing to send out Christmas cards, reply to Christmas wishes, return phone calls, etc.  I was simply in shock...in a good way.  My point here is that a handsome little fellow was born last summer to our neighbors, on my birthday no less, and I'd never even seen him in person!  Major faux pas, I realize, but it is what it is.  On this rare, warm and sunny February afternoon, I met H, and he's a doll!  All of a sudden, I could see what's in our family's immediate future and I am really super excited about it!  What adventures we're in for!  So, H, it was great to meet you (finally), and to your mommy...I apologize for being a bad neighbor.  He's precious!

1 comments:

Michelle said...

No worries. I haven't thought anything of it and neither should you. I'm excited to meet your new little one as well!! Can't wait to hear what you're having!