Friday, October 23, 2009

My Roses...

Well, the flowers were delivered promptly on Wednesday morning...but I can't tell that there was anything "extra" added to the bouquet. Nonetheless, I was astounded when I saw them! Then I read the card...

"Ten yellow roses for our years of friendship, eight red roses for our years of marriage, and two orange roses for our wonderful boys."

If I weren't such a cold, heartless, shell of a woman, I might have cried...well, there was a bit of a tear that sort of moistened the corner of one eye. Maybe I'm human after all...

Honestly, I was touched and couldn't believe that the man who has always said that flowers are a waste of money actually sent me this amazing arrangement of floral beauty! He really pulled it off this time. Happy anniversary, Eric, and here's hoping that we have many, many more!

1 comments:

kjgohogs said...

Wow! beautiful words - Max doesn't send flowers either - because I think they are a waste of money too!