Sunday, October 11, 2009

Potty Anyone?...

I took the boys over to Nanny's house Friday evening after a nice dinner at Calico County to celebrate both boys being on GREEN all week (hence the green type!)! We'd been there for a while when Garrett announced that he needed to potty...and so it began...

After an "incident" at Nanny's, Garrett spent the rest of the night and all day Saturday going back and forth to the toilet...twice in his underwear! UGH! And you know who has to clean that up! Although, props to Eric since he stayed home with Garrett all afternoon while Braden and I visited my other grandparents. We missed our permanent appointment with Ms. Paula at church for parent's night out due to Garrett's issue and he and I stayed home from church today, as well. He literally begged me for BBQ for lunch, so I gave in. Thanks to all that is holy in this world, he was fine and the BBQ stayed where it was supposed to be...in his belly! :0)

I took Braden to my grandparent's farm again this weekend because I met my sisters there for a little cleaning "party," although I promise it was NO PARTY! My grandmother is very elderly and her home had not been properly cleaned in what looked like a few years...ick! SSSSOOOO, we rolled up our sleeves and got right to it while the kids played. After a few hours, my dad came around and took us all on a wagon ride through the pasture behind the John Deere...it really was fun. BUT, at one point he turned over the wheel to his step-son (who had to drive REALLY slow) and my sisters abandoned me on the wagon with my dad's wife and her children! ARGH! My sisters will pay! I don't know how or when, but they'll pay! (I'm imagining that evil, Halloween-like laugh right now) Anyway, I survived...

1 comments:

kjgohogs said...

Glad to hear you guys spending time out there. You know my Papaw Dow has pancreatic cancer? He starts chemo and radiation next week. I hate that our grandparents are starting to decline in health. I miss Papaw Gene......